These terms apply to all sales and are the basis upon which orders are accepted. They apply to all future transactions unless confirmed otherwise in writing. Four Corners Wine Company Ltd consider the placing of an order as an acceptance of the Four Corners Wine Company Ltd terms and conditions.
Unless shown in writing to the contrary, all prices on our website and prices invoiced are:
- Per case, or bottle as indicated.
- Exclusive of UK Duty and VAT.
- Exclusive of delivery charges.
- Unless an account facility is held payment will be immediately immediately on invoice.
- An additional charge of 5% above the Bank of England base rate will be applied to all late payments and will accrue on a daily basis.
- Payment is due on invoice and can be made by bank transfer. In the event of non-payment we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of up to 20% of the outstanding amount, or any losses incurred to Four Corners Wine Company Ltd as a result of cancellation, if this sum is larger than 20%. Four Corners Wine Company Ltd reserve the right to utilise monies held on account or otherwise received on behalf of the customer for any such cancellations.
- Four Corners Wine Company Ltd will charge an additional 3% for all card transactions made either by telephone or via our website.
Title & Risk
- Title of all wines remain with Four Corners Wine Company Ltd until all sums due are paid in full.
- Risk in all goods shall pass to you as soon as we notify you that they are earmarked under your order.
- Any indication as to the date when wines will be available for delivery or collection is an estimate and not binding. We will notify you when your wine is available, but if you wish to collect we require a minimum of 48 hours notice.
- National or international transport can be arranged by Four Corners Wine Company Ltd as your agent and rates will be charged as indicated thereon.
- If you wish for Four Corners Wine Company Ltd to store your wines on your behalf the charges will be indicated in your invoice.
- If you wish to store the wines yourself you will be responsible for your own storage charges.
When requested for delivery outside of our private client reserve account, all wines not collected within one month of purchase will be stored in our private client reserves at a cost of £15 per year plus VAT per case until otherwise collected.
- You are responsible to inspect all goods when collecting or immediately on delivery and required to notify Four Corners Wine Company Ltd or the carrier forthwith of any shortage or damage, or any other deficiency.
- When Four Corners Wine Company Ltd are purchasing wines payment will only be made in full once the contracted wine has been received by Four Corners Wine Company Ltd and if it meets the following quality standards unless otherwise stated in writing:
- Original wooden casing (OWC) or original carton casing (OCC).
- Full to the neck.
- No damage to capsules or labels.
- No strip labels or import marks on bottles or casing.
Once received and accepted in the condition described above Four Corners Wine Company Ltd will make payment within 7 working days.
- Four Corners Wine Company Ltd undertake proper safekeeping of all wines in our possession and will act in good faith when purchasing wine, but will not be responsible for the state and condition of wine and whether said wine corresponds to qualities which might be expected from its description. At our discretion, we will consider replacing the remainder of any case which is not considered drinkable.
- Four Corners Wine Company Ltd will only accept wine that are in original wooden or cardboard casing, full to the neck and with no damage to capsules or labels and no strip labels on the bottles or casing.
- By placing an order, you warrant that you are capable of entering into legally binding contracts and you are the legal age to purchase alcohol in your country of residence.
- The placing and subsequent acceptance of an oral orders forms a contract on these terms, conditional upon our written confirmation which may be by delivery of an invoice.
- All orders made through the website are considered as definitive as per these terms and conditions.
Four Corners Wine Company Ltd will not be liable for failure to meet agreed conditions due to any prevailing circumstance beyond our reasonable control.
All contracts are made under English law and jurisdiction and subject exclusively to the jurisdiction of the English Courts.